Four years ago today, we were in Overland Park, Kansas and just finished watching the World Cup finals when around 2:30pm my contractions started getting more noticeable. Around 5:00pm we went to St. Luke's South hospital down the street and gave birth to you naturally at 10:58pm with the help of your daddy and Vanessa and Bridget, my wonderful doulas.
Today I love you more than ever and am enjoying seeing you blossom into a big girl. I love how you are sensitive, yet strong, resourceful and kind. It is so special to see your love for your sister on most days and the hugs you give her. It been challenging being your mom at times, as you are very strong and passionate, like your mommy. But I hope I am learning everyday how to love and care for you better.
Enjoy your special day, my Sierra!

happy birthday sierra!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Sierra! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteAwww....what a cute photo of Sierra and what a REAL mom you have. Those were touching words to hear from mother to daughter. Reminds me of my mom: Every one of my b-days, I got to 'hear the story again' of how I came into the world. On my b-day she'll say, "This is my day for celebrating too - when I got to hold my son for the first time." Interesting how you describe Sierra as passionate and strong - Yes, I would definitely concur, like her mommy!
ReplyDeleteThanks, you guys! Glad you could be with us to celebrate Sierra turning 4!
ReplyDeleteGarret, would love to hear the story your mom would tell you about you coming into the world I am thinking I may have heard some of it already. Sierra is a big mix of strong and sensitive, like me. Like the enneagram says about her type, she's shy and soft spoken on the outside, but has an iron fist on the inside. Is that like your LG?